Day 1: Yerevan — Khor Virap — Wine Factory «Areni» — Noravank — Stepanakert
- Departure from Yerevan.
- Tour to Khor Virap monastery (literally translated as «deep dungeon») (7 – 17th centuries). You will see the underground pit where the first Patriarch of Armenian Apostolic Church St. Grigor Lusavorich (Saint Gregory the Illuminator) languished in prison for 13 years. The monastery is located 50 km away from Yerevan on the Armenian — Turkish border. You will enjoy the wonderful view of the Biblical Mount Ararat.
- Excursion to the winery in Areni village, where wine from local grapes is produced (wine tasting).
- A trip to the karst caves in Areni, also known as the «Bird’s Cave», where a 5500 year-old leather shoe was found.
- Trip to Noravank monastery (9 – 13th centuries) is one of the most magnificent medieval monuments of Armenia, located on the ledge of narrow winding gorge with rare red rocks. This is truly a masterpiece of Armenian architecture.
- Lunch in the refectory of Noravank monastery.
- Trip to Stepanakert, the capital of Nagorno Karabakh (Artsakh). Crossing the Armenian — Artsakh border, getting a visa at the Foreign Ministry.
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Stepanakert — Gandzasar — Askeran — Tigranakert — Stepanakert
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit the National Museum of Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh).
- A trip to the monastery of Gandzasar (literally translated as «Mountain Treasure») (10th century) — an outstanding monument of the Armenian culture, which has long attracted the attention of many specialists. Gandzasar monastery is a functioning monastery of the Armenian Apostolic Church and is the residence of the Archbishop of Artsakh.
- Trip to Askeran fortress (Mayraberd). The fortress is located on both banks of the river Karkar. The thickness of the fortress walls is 2 m and the height is 9 m. The fortress length reaches 1.5 km. On the walls there are large towers, which used toserve as observation posts. This impregnable fortress is situated among the mountains in the gorge.
- A visit to the ancient city of the Hellenistic era — Tigranakert. It was built in the first century BC by the king of the Armenian Kingdom, outstanding monarch and conqueror Tigran the Great, during the reign of Armenia which then had reached the peak of its power.
- On the way back you will see the symbol of Nagorno Karabakh — the famous monument «We and our mountains». It is also known as «Tatik-Papik», translated from Armenian as «the grandparents».
- Return to Stepanakert. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Stepanakert — Shushi — Khndzoresk — Tatev — Yerevan
- Breakfast at the hotel. Check out from the hotel.
- A trip to the city of Shushi, also known as «eagle’s nest», surrounded by beautiful, deep canyons. Along the way you will see the liberation monument «Tank». This restored monument is dedicated to the liberation of the city. A visit to the Cathedral of Christ the Savior (kazanchetsots) — a massive Church made of white stone, a perfect embodiment of the construction genius of the Armenian people.
- Visiting the carpet Museum of the city of Shushi.
- Crossing the Artsakh — Armenian border.
- Drive to the village of Khndzoresk, famous for its ancient cave dwellings on the hillside. «Dead city» of the living descendants holds many unsolved mysteries. In Khndzoresk there is a swinging bridge that runs across a deep and incredibly beautiful canyon with its rocks and caves.
- Tour of Tatev monastery — unique monument of Armenian architecture built in the 9th century. Tatev without exaggeration can be considered one of the most beautiful and amazing places on the Planet. By the monastery there is the longest reverse ropeway in the world (5752 m), ranked in the Guinness Book of Records.
- Return to Yerevan. Transfer to the hotel.
The price is per person on basis of DBL/TWIN occupancy and includes all taxes and duties.
|Hotel in Stepenakert
||extra charge for SGL occupancy
To find out the cost of the tour for groups of more than 6 people, Contact Us!
The tour price includes:
- Hotel accommodation (2 nights in Stepanakert)
- Meals — breakfast, lunch and 2 dinners
- All transfers (comfortable minibus or bus with air conditioning)
- Services of professional English-speaking guides
- Wine tasting in Areni village
- Entrance tickets (where necessary)
- Entry visa for Nagorno-Karabakh
The tour price does NOT include:
- Alcoholic beverages (in restaurants)
- Air tickets
Contact us for more information