- Continent: Europe
- Official name: Republic of Armenia (Hayastani Hanrapetutyun)
- Government: President (Serzh Sarkisyan)
- Capital: Yerevan
- Territory: 29 743 sq. km
- Large Cities: Yerevan, Gyumry, Vanadzor
- Regions: 11 marz (Yerevan, Shirak, Lory, Tavush, Aragatsotn, Kotayk, Armavir, Gegharkunik, Ararat, Vayots Dzor, Syunik)
- Neighboring Countries: In the North: Georgia; in the East: Azerbaijan; in the South: Iran; in the South-West: Nakhijevan (Azerbaijan); in the West: Turkey.
- Average Altitude Above Sea Level: 1,800 meters
- Highest Mountain Peak: Aragats (4,090 meters)
- Population: 2998.6 thousand (as of January 1, 2016)
- Ethnic Groups: Armenians – 97,9%, Yezidis-1,3%, Russian-0,5%, other-0,3% (Kurds, Assyrians, Greeks, Ukrainians, Jews..)
- Climate: Continental. Armenia has a continental climate with four seasons.
- Official languages: Armenian
- Religion: Christian
- Church: Armenian Apostolic
- Religious Center: St. Etchmiadzin, the Cathedral of the Armenian Apostolic Church and the Residence of the Catholicos (Patriarch) of all Armenians
- Natural Resources: Armenia is rich in copper, iron, bauxite, molybdenum, gold, silver, lead and zinc. Substantial deposits of pumice, marble, tufa, perlite, limestone, basalt and salt also exist. Precious and semi-precious stones are abundant.
- Currency: Armenian Dram/AMD/
- Time zone: UTC (UTC+4)
- Electricity: In Armenia the voltage is 220, and the frequency is 50 Hz
- Calling code: +374
- Internet Domain: .am
- Drives on the: Right
National Flag and Emblem of the Republic of Armenia
The national flag of the Republic of Armenia is of three colors in stripes of the same width – red, blue, orange respectively from top to bottom. The Red emblematizes the Armenian Highland, the Armenian people’s continued struggle for survival, maintenance of the Christian faith, Armenia’s independence and freedom. The Blue emblematizes the will of the people of Armenia to live beneath peaceful skies. The Orange emblematizes the creative talent and hard-working nature of the people of Armenia.
National Emblem of the Republic of Armenia
The Coat of Arms of the Republic of Armenia is a national emblem of the Republic of Armenia. The Coat of Arms of the Republic of Armenia is as follows: On a shield, positioned in the center, Mount Ararat is represented with Noah’s Ark and the coats of arms of the four royal dynasties of the historical Armenia: from top to left – that of the Bargratunides, from top to right – that of the Arshakounides, from bottom to left – that of Artashesides, from bottom to right – that of the Rubenides. The shield is upheld by an eagle (on the left) and lion (on the right). There is a sword, as well as a branch of a tree, a bundle of spikes, a chain and a ribbon pictured below the shield. Golden is the main color of the Coat of Arms of the Republic of Armenia. The colors of the kingdoms of the historical Armenia are as follows: from top to left – red, from top to right – blue, from bottom to left – blue, from bottom to right – red, with orange-painted Mount Ararat positioned in the center on a shield. The foregoing colors emblematize the colors of the national flag of the Republic of Armenia.